Sunday Services: 11:03am
Our commitment to one another.
We exist to see a greater worship of Jesus through declaring and displaying the gospel.
When Jesus Christ called us to Himself for salvation, he also called us to his community of faith: the church. When the church is healthy, we should look like the early church in the book of Acts. In this early community of followers resources and daily lives were shared so freely that the surrounding culture looked in and wondered what on earth was going on there.
As C3: Confessors of Christ Church has grown, we have realized the need to better clarify our commitment to one another. Covenant is the biblical language for an agreement or promise. Our Partnership Covenant gives C3’s elders/pastors a chance to make some promises to you while you are making some promises to your church.
When trying to figure out if you can truly do life with a particular church, it is critically important that you know what that church believes. Before becoming a Covenant Partner at C3, we encourage you to know our basic biblical and theological beliefs. If there is anything in our doctrine that you explicitly reject, we ask that you gracefully refrain from pursuing Covenant Partnership with C3 at this time and reach out to your Community Group leader or a pastor/elder to discuss any questions.
Our Elders/Pastors Promise to…
- Appoint elders and deacons (including staff members) according to the scriptures (1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Pursue the Spirit’s guidance as they lead the church and steward her resources well (Acts 20:28; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Care for the church by shepherding her well, praying for her, teaching the scriptures, equipping people for ministry, protecting her from false teachers, and lovingly exercising correction when necessary (Matthew 7:15; 18:15-20; 28:16-20; Ephesians 4:11-16; James 5:14; 1 Peter 5:1-4; Acts 20:27-31; 1 Corinthians 5; Galatians 6:1; 1 Timothy 1:3-7; 4:16; 2 Timothy 4:1-5; 1 John 4:1).
- Lead by example in following all that is found in the Partnership Covenant (Philippians 3:17; 1 Timothy 4:12; Titus 2:7-8; 1 Peter 5:3).
Your Promise to the Church to…
- Read scripture regularly and prayerfully submit to its authority in your life (Psalm 119; Acts 17:11; 2 Timothy 3:14-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21).
- Follow the commands of scripture and the example of Jesus by taking part in the sacraments of the church such as communion and baptism after your profession of faith (Acts 2:38; 10:48; Romans 6:4; 1 Corinthians 11:24-27).
- Take part in our weekend worship gatherings and, more importantly, to be active in a Community Group during the week (Acts 2:42-47; Hebrews 10:23-25).
- Serve in some way in the church (Titus 3:14).
- Carefully oversee the resources God has given you and financially give regularly, sacrificially, and cheerfully (Matthew 25:14-20; Romans 12:1-2; 2 Corinthians 8-9; 1 Peter 4:10-11).
- Submit to the discipline of God within the church when other Christ-Followers and C3’s elders/pastors approach you biblically with concerns as well as follow biblical guidelines when you yourself need to approach others who are in sin, avoiding gossip at all costs (Psalm 141:5; Matthew 18:15-20; 1 Corinthians 5:9-13; Hebrews 12:5-11).
Ready to join and commit to this local body of believers?
When you are ready, click the “I’m ready” button to fill out the form. This form will take a few minutes to fill out. We encourage you to prayerfully and thoughtfully fill out the form. When you have questions about a particular section, don’t leave any part empty. Respond with “I have questions” – or “I don’t agree”.